Thursday, April 9, 2009

Filing a missing persons report on myself

Hello Operator, I'd like to file a missing persons report on myself. Sometimes that goes through my head when I wonder where my former body went. I have to admit that I'm at the stage where I wont look at myself in the mirror, well my body at least. There is no department store dressing room try on's in my future. Now I finally get that! The 3 children I joyfully brought into this world have taken a toll on my physical being. You have to understand, I grew up the skinny chick. Always one to eat whatever I wanted, whenever I pleased. It was like this BC, or before children. I was the one that people said "I hate you, your so skinny". I never really liked that comment. It would be okay with me if someone said that now. I'm not overweight by any means. Let's say that I am pulling in at under 120, however on a small frame a pound goes a long way. My goal is 110, 105 if I'm really optimistic. It's definitely within reach but I just don't have the will power to stay motivated. Oh yeah, and have you met my must have mommy at every moment Sabrina?
I stay active by picking up all the crap she leaves on the floor and by picking her up and getting her down from places she doesn't belong. This goes on ALL day and in my mind these are repetitions right? Now, I have much to be thankful for and when I look at my once perky boobs, I am thankful. When I look at my no longer flat belly, I am thankful and when I look at the beauty scars that were given to me through birthing, I am thankful. Those are scars I can live with because the one's who gave them to me I can't live without. Come to think of it, I like this body. It tells a story and it is a beautiful one indeed.
Hey, Operator uh, cancel that report, the missing person has been found.

No comments:

Post a Comment