Wednesday, April 8, 2009

My Life in Sweats

Another day, another pair of sweats. I've got a collection that I like to refer to as my "couture" line of sweatpants. Okay, you must admit these are the most comfortable active wear when you are doing hours on end of Mommy exercise like laundry and washing dishes, great upper body strengthening by the way. Already this morning I've bent down three separate times to pick up scrambled eggs off the floor. That must be good for my glutes, right?
Earlier today during breakfast my kids asked me "Mom, what is that white stuff on your face?". It was a good thing they reminded me that I had toothpaste on my face. A little beauty secret that I use to dry out pimples. I could have easily jumped in the van on the way to drop my children off at school, all the while smiling with white paste on my chin. It would be this day that the Principal would spot me and want to come over to say something about the next school council meeting. Why am I getting pimples anyhow? I mean, I'll be 38 years old next week and I'm three kids in (and done by the way). Haven't I earned my stripes to a clear, glowing complexion? What's a Mom to do? And now, I'm here with a rambunctious 1 year old that needs Mommy every moment of the day. Where am I to find the time to blog? As it is, just to write this much I have a storm sitting behind me which consists of a whole stack of Uno cards, domino's and a Littlest Pet Shop game all spewed across the floor just waiting to be picked up. When that no longer became interesting, which was about a whole ten minutes, Trader Joe's Honey Nut O's became my saving grace. At least for another ten minutes. Tomorrow, maybe that's what I should write about: Another Day, another Cheerio.

No comments:

Post a Comment